Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Very Neat Organization Idea!

I gave our director of marketing a pretty little scarf as a small Christmas gift.  Yesterday she stopped by my office to thank me again (she's so sweet) and gave me the best tip for storing scarves, so I tried it.

I went to the Dollar Store and purchased a set of shower curtain rings and clipped them all onto a heavy plastic coat hanger.  Then I just slipped a scarf through each ring and presto - all my scarves are neatly hung and each are visible.  Because I was storing them all in a drawer in a heap, I even discovered two that I had forgotten all about!


And, since I spent the Sunday after Christmas ruthlessly removing clothes I no longer wear, I have room to hang this in my closet now!

I took three boxes and a huge shopping bag full of clothes that I haven't worn in ages to a thrift shop.  What a great feeling.  I want "stuff" out of this house and I've gotten a very good start.

If you are organizing your household like so many folks do in January, try this tick for storing scarves and let me know how you like it.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Love this idea - mine are all stuffed in a drawer too. I think I'll use them more often if I can see them hanging! Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Judy Cooper Textile Artist said...

Great idea that I will try! In my cleanup spree I found 2 new packs of shower curtain rings. I'm glad I didn't put them in the bag for good will.

Tammy said...

Now that is a neat idea. I have one drawer that is so full of scarves I can barely close it and I don't even have any idea of what's in there. I definitely need to purge and get organized. I'm doing a little each day so it is a bearable task rather than trying to tackle everything all at once. :) Have a great weekend. Tammy

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Phyllis! YES, I most definitely am TRYING to organize my own room right now; and it's a HUGE mess, because like they say, "It's gonna get worse before it gets better", right?.. Love your idea for scarves, and I just might run with that, so thanks!... Nice to meet you via Grow Your Blog, and hope you're enjoying the holiday weekend! ~tina

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Phyllis! How are things over there? It seems you forgot about the Grow Your Blog party that Vicki is hosting. Hope all is well. Best wishes, Tammy