Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Journal Cover for My Sister

Hi everybody,

I've missed posting but wanted to leave the important post about dogs up for a while. I certainly hope there are a lot of visitors that don't leave comments on my blog so that this information was shared by many.

While I was in Maryland for Thanksgiving, I started a small project to give to my DS for her birthday, which is tomorrow. I was working on it right beside her in the same room but she didn't know what it was or who it was for (he-he).

There are several methods for making a journal cover and I chose the simplest one I could find. My sister and I both love batik fabrics and I have a small collection, so it was easy to select just the right one that I knew she would love. I've never made a journal cover before and I'll sure be making more of them. I am quite pleased with the way it turned out and couldn't wait for her to get it. I took it to the post office last Sunday and it was finally delivered to her this afternoon. The Christmas mailing rush is certainly on!




I wasn't really sure what I was going to do as far as design, so I just started stitching around some of the patterns in the batik. I knew I had to add a few beads here and there but didn't want it too busy.

She called me on my cell phone while I was driving home from work and she just loved it - I knew she would!

2 comments:

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hi girl,
Cute, love the material!!! My G-daughter would love that. She loves green.
I have posted about rescue animls today!!
We need to do that every so often. Keep it fresh in there minds.
Love you, Fern

Anonymous said...

Phyllis, it turned out beautiful!! Aren't batiks fun to work with for these special touches you added. The designs on them always offer possibilities on where to add embellishments and I like the fact that the abstract designs mean you can't make a mistake!
Diane