Good morning all!
I am full of energy and enthusiasm about starting this year off right. I always have a continuous list of projects going (who doesn't), but I've decided to list some of the major things I want to accomplish this year on my blog.
Living alone with more than enough animals to care for certainly takes a lot of my time. If I'm not cleaning up after, repairing from or just feeding the animals, they take up a lot of my time. I've got the usual house chores and maintenance that comes from being a home owner. Add to that, I'm an obsessed gardner living on six acres of land. While I don't mow all of it, I mow at least three acres every week when the weeds and grass are growing. So, I don't have nearly as much time as I'd like to spend on my sewing, painting and other craft endeavors. Thank goodness I'm a fairly energetic person or I'd never get half the things accomplished that I somehow manage to get done. With that said, here is my partial listof goals I want to accomplish this year - not necessarily in order of priority, however.
First, I've joined Dawn's new Sew It's Finished challenge blog and am determined to get some rather large UFO projects completed with the help of this challenge. That will keep my sewing machine busy for a while.
2. Make some of those cute mug rugs I'm seeing all over the place.
3. Complete my concrete walkway in front of the house
4. Install inexpensive solar lights along completed walkway
5. Repair the barn (cover with tar paper and siding) and chicken pens
6. Install laminate flooring in my living room (dependant on budget constraints)
7. Paint master bedroom and bath
8. Read at least three books this year
9. Be more disciplined about keeping the dishes clean and put away, not
just putting them in the dishwasher!
10. Live by my old rule of putting things away where they belong so I can find them
the next time I need them!
11. Make time to paint again. I've thoroughly enjoyed making a few small paintings
as Christmas gifts this year.
12. Finish my kitchen makeover!
I have so many other projects that pertain to the house or garden maintenance, but there's no need in listing all of them. I never get everything taken care of but do try to stay on top of the important things.
But before I can start on my project list, I must take down and put away my Christmas decorations. That will take a good portion of today. Then I'm going to paint my kitchen table white. I'm really excited about this one!!
Well friends, the chickens are waiting to be let out of the barn so I've got to get started on the daily animal chores before I can move on to anything else.
I hope you have a great day!