Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Adjusting To Change

Helloooo out there! I wonder if anybody will even notice that I'm posting.

So much time slipped by since my trip with Alissa that I didn't think I'd post again. Then I quit visiting other blogs and just stopped thinking about it altogether. I've made another trip to Maryland - this time to visit with my mom. I promised her I'd get up there before Mother's Day and I just did keep that promise. She told me that she still checks my blog from time to time to see if I've updated it so that got me thinking about it again. Now that I've adjusted to my job (just passed my one year anniversary!) and settling into more of a "normal" routine, I've been lurking on several of my favorite blogs and felt that I should start posting again.

 So this is for you, mom!

But now Blogger has changed and I've spent quite a bit of time today trying to figure out how to change my background and post something. Yikes how different everything is to use now! I don't particularly care for the way my blog looks right now but at least I've figured out some of it.

Another change that's happened is that my faithful 2000 Honda CRV finally bit the dust. It's been limping along for the last couple of years and held on long enough for me to get current with finances. Now I have a car payment and a "new" 2004 Honda CRV; this one is silver. My old one was black. I love my new little car. It's an automatic and positively purrs compared to my old car, which was a standard transmission.
It has a sun roof...I've never had one of those before.

Well, this is enough for one evening. It's past my bed time and I haven't even finished eating my nutritious dinner of Cheerios yet so will leave you with a few pictures of my gardens. They look pretty right now but will fry in the upcoming 100+ temps coming our way in 24 hours. Oh how I hate heat and humidity!
My favorite flower - Alissa Rose...

3 comments:

A New England Life said...

Hi Phyllis! I know what you mean about blogging. I've been very lazy about it too. Seldom checking blogs or posting. Thought I'd make an effort today though ; )

Congrats on the new car! Glad it goes so well! I drive a 2004 Mercury Mountaineer with 103,000 miles and it's still going strong! Love that car!

Heats coming this way for sure. I'll turn the a/c on and stay inside during the middle part of the day. To much heat and humidity makes me feel sick. You keep cool too! Have a good day!

Sharon

Unknown said...

Hello Phyllis! I love the pics! My family loves our Hondas too! Congrats on the new car! The girl with the dog photo is so precious! Who is that? She's adorable!

Tammy said...

Hi Phyllis, I'm glad to see you post again and to know that you got things sorted out for the most part. Like I said, it will take some getting used to, but you will get the hang of it. Congrats on the "new" car. I tried to learn to drive a standard once. Ha! It was pretty darn funny. Wow! It's been a year since you started your job. Time does fly indeed! Incredible! Your gardens are looking pretty good despite the heat. I wish I could have kept walking but this dang allergy to, of all things, the sun, really wrecks havoc on my skin. Alissa sure is growing up. She's a beauty! Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy