Sunday, December 11, 2011

Making Time To Blog

I have never been so married to a job in my entire life as I am with this one. That's why I've been MIA. But tonight I am making time for my blog because I have something special to share with you.

Have you ever visited Vicki from 2 Bags Full? She is the nicest woman and I'm very glad I stumbled onto her blog a while back. She makes incredible knitted bird nests that are specatular works of art. She has a beautiful blog, so please stop by and pay her a nice visit.

When I first saw her nests, I inquired about them. I've been waiting for months for mine to come; I've actually ordered two. I received my Christmas nest a couple of weeks ago and finally finished putting my Christmas decorations out today and can share some pictures (but these pictures were actually taken before I put my bird table runner out).

These nests are loaded with embellishments and are so beaufitul. Vicki even tucked in a couple of surprises. Inside the nest was a pretty clay pear made by a friend of hers. The same friend also made a sweet partridge ornament which I have hanging on my bird Christmas tree - a really nice addition to my collection of bird ornaments.

Here's my little partridge ornament temprarily hanging from a little decorative chandelier. It's since been moved to a place of honor on my bird tree.


My beautiful Christmas nest...



A side view...



Last weekend I went to Home Goods and happened across this cool bird made from wool felt and it was the perfect size and weight to add to my special nest.


How perfect is that?

I haven't made the first gift for anybody yet and am not sure what I'm going to do about gift giving this year. I can't buy anything due to a tight budget and a monster car repair. I'll probably get a few things made but I know they will be late.

On top of all that, I've got two sick cats. Long story and I may share at some point but tomorrow I'll be taking Smudge back to the vet again as he is no better and hasn't eaten since last week. Right now I've got to clean up my kitchen and get ready for my new favorite show, Once Upon a Time. I love that show and hope it lasts forever!

5 comments:

Laura said...

The nest is gorgeous! I'll check out her blog. Sorry to hear the kitties are sick, and I hope they feel better soon. Have a great holiday!

Anonymous said...

Oh my the nest is truly beautiful. I will check out her blog too. I just love these types of homemade goodies. I sure hope your kitty is feeling better very soon. I would take him to the vet too since he hasn't eaten in so long. Saying a prayer for both of them. Please take care of yourself. And, by the way, people will understand about the gifts. Don't worry about it. I've been in that situation many times too and it does eventually get better.

T said...

Beautiful nest! The little bird you got for it looks like it was made for it, just gorgeous.

I am so sorry to hear about the cats, hope they feel better soon, and it isn't too serious.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Phyllis, Vicki is the nicest person and makes the most magnificent nests. You are so lucky to have received this one as I know she only does a limited number. The bird you bought to put in it does look so lovely. Sorry to hear about your kitties. I hope it is nothing serious. Last time Jingles was sick and stopped eating, a trip to the vet for a shot and some sugar formula to hydrate her and she was good as new in a very short time. Thankfully she hasn't been sick since that one time. My outside kitty is still around but has taken to sleeping in her litter box with all the yuckiness. I've set up a bed for her but she doesn't stay in it and I don't know what to do. If I put cardboard box for her, she chews the whole thing up. Very strange as I've never known a cat to be destructive like that. I've not done any decorating for Christmas this year except teatowels in the kitchen. And haven't much thought about gifts either. Seems that everyone has more than enough so I don't feel the need to spend money just because. I want to redo my kids bedroom so that will be their gift but that means I need to get out and find what we need but so far haven't been successful and today I just want to hang loose. :) Happy holidays and best wishes to you, Tammy

Anonymous said...

Phyllis, I think you need a hug!

Here's one: (((((HUG))))) place it in that lovely nest and take it out when you need it!

Blessings,
Diane