Sunday, September 12, 2010

Inspiration from Blowing Rock

I've been back from the mountains for 48 hours and have almost completed a garden project that I saw in Blowing Rock. This is their beautiful piece.

Here's what I've gotten done so far.

I'm going to have to move one of the baskets up higher, but I'm pleased with it.
I've got tons of honeysuckle on my fences, so I pulled some down and wound it around the post. I haven't put the finishing piece on the top yet and will do that later. Next step is to make two small bird houses to hang on the front of the post.

I was so happy to have discovered this idea! I've had a few different things in this spot of my flower bed and none of them were big enough. It just never occured to me to sink a 4x4 and hang things from it. I'll definitely be making a few more of these.

...and here is what my Princess was doing while I was working on my project. The property has been invaded by voles.

Her face is covered with dirt!

4 comments:

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh I love the new garden fun...wish I had more time! Beautiful..and loved the dirty nose too!

I used to not so long ago live in Cary..not to far away from you there! I love Blowing Rock..that whole area is stunning especially in the fall!

Thank you for popping by my blog..nice to meet you!!! Happy Monday, Sarah

Oh and the crow quilt..to die for..loooove it!

Laura said...

Love the new gardent project! My front porch visitor left us a mole in the yard last week. They are so destructive, so we were glad to see this one gone!

Anonymous said...

I had a dog once who busily digging in the yard and then I heard a yipe. I had no idea. I look quick over my shoulder and a little mole had bitten and taken hold of her lip. Aww.... I had never seen one til that day. She still dug up the yard. You would think she would've been shy about it but NO! Love your baskets. Tammy

Ruth said...

Hello Phyllis... Have just discovered your blog. And I love it!
It's always nice to find someone who's creating and living close by. I'm Jonesborough Tennessee.
Love your garden project. You're doing a great job.

Ruth ;)
ThroughMyGardensGate.blogspot.com