Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hard At It!!

I've had a very productive day today :) It's my Saturday and I wanted to finish painting the trim on my front porch and take care of a few other chores around here.

I started my morning on the patio drinking my coffee and looking at the mildew on the platforms I have between my two back doors. So my OCD took over and I started scrubbing everything with bleach water. This job wasn't on the list today but once I got started, I couldn't stop.

After cleaning the mildew, I started some major damage control. Zoe (and probably Blair too) have dug up one entire planter box that borders my patio. Then my whiskey barrel with the giant hostas has also been dug into. Grrrrr. So, I put chickent wire in the planter box and filled it up again with nice compost from Gail's nursery. All the plants are ruined so I'll have to wait till next fall to see the perrenials bloom again.

Several weeks ago I purchased seven ferns that were on clearance at Lowes, and finally put them in pots. They'll look really nice next year.

Then I had to fill in another area that Blair and Princess like to dig up right next to the garage. I repaired that damage and gave the plants a good drink of water and then put cinder blocks where they keep digging. That'll stop the digging in that spot.

I took a little break and made a yummy omlet for brunch and talked to my sis on the phone for a while. Then it was time to get back outside to finish what needed to be taken care of.

Next on the list was to clean the geese pools and tend to all the chickens. I have a garage full of cages now due to illness or babysitting. It's turned into a chicken house in there! It's so crammed full of stuff that I had to take the garbage to the dump to make room for my "monster tractor" (mower).

This is Snow White, one of my roosters (Alissa named him when he was a chick). He stays in the garage at night and in a pen by himself during the day. He and Big Rooster don't get a long at all.
Snow White in the garage at night...

Snow White in his outdoor pen...


This is Big Rooster - he's huge but very, very sweet natured.


Finally, I was ready to tackle the rest of the trim on the porch. I just slapped the paint on the spindles as fast as I could. The railings were easy. It looks so nice now and I can't wait to do the porch floor.

I was pooped but there was one more thing I just had to do - wash my nasty car. I'm going on a trip to the mountains tomorrow with Gail and the car was beyond embarrassing. It looks like new now! I actually detailed it and rubbed stuff on my headlights so more light would shine through, applied RainX on the windshield (that stuff is great) and vacuumed the inside really well. I also applied that vinyl cleaner stuff everywhere too. Living on a gravel road, the car will be filthy again in a couple of days, but at least it's clean for our trip.

I'm so excited...I'll take my netbook with me and maybe I can post from there.
I'll post some pictures tomorrow morning before I leave so you can see what I've been talking about.

Now I'm going to try to sit still for a few minutes before going to bed.

Rest well ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, if I did all that I'd be in traction in the morning! You're one energetic lady!
Hugs, Diane

A New England Life said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip, Phyllis!

Snow White is such a handsome looking fella! It's too bad the two don't get along but I've heard that is often the case with having two Roosters.

Seems you are always busy doing something!

Anonymous said...

PLEASE NOTE: Major crash on old blog. You will need to update your following and any links associated to my blog: New address is:
http://wearestitchingforserenity.blogspot.com/

Thank you and DON'T forget the GIVEAWAY.

Hugs
Tammy