Thursday, September 2, 2010

Another Busy Week

Well, once again I've let too many days slip by without posting. I'll catch you up on all my doings. After all, I was supposed to be using this as a way to document my accomplishments to myself.

So...Monday was my day off and I worked outside pruning some hugely overgrown holly bushes. I hate pruning them because of the pricks they cause, but it had to be done. I also mowed the back yard and pulled weeds from a flower bed that had been gobbled up by them.

Alissa was here till the evening (after school) and she climbed up in her tree again and ate her snack. She said all she needed was a plasma TV and she'd be set! How funny.



I managed to get some beads added to my crow wall hanging. I'm really liking the way it is going to look. Soon, I'll have it ready to hang - just in time for autumn.


I love the black fabric I'm using for the crows. I bought it at Jenny Byer's studio last fall when my sister and I went.



Tuesday I only worked five hours at Lowes. They've hired more p/t cashiers and cut hours for existing cashiers. It makes no sense whatsoever and that small income won't even make the house payment this month. I'm quite disgusted with them but will stick it out till I can land something else.

Speaking of which, I've had interviews for two separate positions recently. They are both incredibly low paying but the salary for either one of them is more than I'm currently making at Lowes. While I'm cautiously optimistic, I'm certainly not getting my hopes up. I'm too familiar with this dance.

Each day I've been working in my yard trying to tidy everything up. I seem to do better at keeping that than keeping the inside of the house straightened. Although I did clean and mop one day. As I came out of my bedroom, I discovered Miss Blair in one of my donation boxes. She's so silly and such a sweet dog.



I've got two more sick chickens - this time with something called bumblefoot. It's a bacterial infection in their feet and tough to treat. I've got them in a cage in my garage and treating them with meds I bought for them. We'll see how it goes.

JoJo caught his first mouse Tuesday - a very tiny baby. It wasn't more than 3/4 inch long, not including its tail. Alissa was here and she got upset so I saved the baby mouse from my baby kitty. I know it's what I wanted JoJo to do but I don't like to see it in progress. If he catches them in the garage at night, that's ok though.

Yesterday I worked from 10-3, which chopped the day right in half. I worked outside till dark and then cooked some vegetables for supper. I haven't been eating enough fruits and veggies the last few weeks, mostly due to working stupid hours. Then I added a few more beads to my crow quilt till it was time to go to bed.

This morning I've done some laundry and will try to clean the house before going to Lowes this evening. I really hate working nights and get so excited at the prospect of having "normal" working hours again.

Tomorrow I'm off again and will clean my friend's house and then work on my own projects around here.

I need to get going - tons to do around here before leaving. I hope you all have a good day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the crow project your working on. I too don't like having my days chopped up by anything but especially a job. I usually get all my doc appts very early in the morning, first one available. It gets me up at the crack of dawn and I have much longer days for it. Kid is cute!! Dog is... ahem.. cuter in this pic!! hehe.. hugs. Tammy

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hi Stranger,
What is this world coming too?? It seens that everything we buy to live is going up up up and wages are going down!! Is there someone out there that is trying to destroy us all,every man, women, and child??? I think so !!!

Anonymous said...

Phyllis, so sorry to hear about Lowes cutting hours. We're getting a brand new Lowes here and they're hiring. I wonder if they'll eventually do the same thing here. Cost cutting. Everyone's cost cutting and it's hurting people.

What fun for your granddaughter - having a nest in a tree! As she grows, you may have to find some scrap lumber and build her a platform.

Hugs, Diane