Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Baby Steps

I have hope now; I'm starting a long-term temporary assignment Monday. The pay is low but the job will be right up my alley and I'm really excited about getting started. My leaving Gail's store puts her in a little bit of a dilema but she understands that I don't have a choice. I'll still be helping her out here and there as I can. The Employment Security Commission won't give me a straight answer as to whether or not my benefits will be extended, so I'm hoping they will while preparing for the opposite. One of the mottos I live by is always have a Plan B and a Plan C when possible, because Plan A doesn't work out a lot of times.

I'll leave you with a cute picture of Topaz. He decided to hop up onto the small bench I purchased at the Cameron festival Saturday. It isn't old, but I love it. It's made from 2 inch thich, rough hewn lumber. This thing will never rot! I've temporarily placed it in my living room beside an antique drop leaf table. Topaz made the perfect Halloween setting for me all by himself! He's such a sweet kitty :) On the floor is a glimpse of a pretty shelf I also bought Saturday, but haven't hung it up yet.

I hope you all are having a good week!

ttfn....

1 comment:

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Pretty kitty!! For sure looks like halloween!!!
Good luck on all the things that you need luck with!!!!!!! Is your kittys indoors & outdoors, or just indoors?
Hugs and kisses, Fern