Friday, April 3, 2009

Baby Doves Almost Grown

Look at these babies - I can't believe how fast they've grown in less than three weeks! They are still totally dependent on their parents for food but now roost on the branches during the day. They don't coo yet but make the sweetest little noise to let Sarah and Alex know they're hungry. It sounds like other baby birds your hear in nests - not a chirp, more like a sqeek. One of the babies is kind of a muddy color, while the other is mostly white with some of the tan on her (?)

Today is my first day to stay home in a week and I'm grateful for that. I plan to be at my sewing machine most of the day even though it's a gorgeous day outside. It's too wet from all the rain yesterday anyway, so I'm a happy camper. I hope to have some pictures of what I accomplish for you in my next post (that's my goal anyway) :>)

I hope you all have a great day!


6 comments:

Laura said...

Gosh, they are cute! Will you keep both of them? And do you have to get a bigger cage? We sent our sun from yesterday to you, and today we have your rain (and cold). Ugh - hurry up spring (and stay!). Have fun sewing!

T said...

I had to go back and play catch up. I am so glad you had a wonderful trip, and the photos were wonderful! Ginny is just adorable!!

I can not believe how big the baby doves have gotten. They grow so fast!

Betty said...

What beautiful little doves. I know the sound you mean and I love to hear it, too. Thanks for letting us see how big they are getting!

Sea Angels said...

They are the most gorgeous of colours, I have never seen such lovely chicks ahhh.
Thankyou so much for your kind and caring words.
Hugs Lynn xxx

Anonymous said...

Awwwww

Cat said...

Sweet sweet doves! Must be a joy to watch them grow and change.