Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pink Hearts, Carly Update and Annie

Hi everybody,

I thought I'd show you all what I did to make my bowl of hearts prettier. I cut out several felt hearts while watching my Saturday night British sitcoms and hung them from my old gumdrop tree, which I put right in the middle of the bowl. I think it turned out pretty cute, don't you? I wonder how long it will last with the cats - I now have four in the house and two of them are horrible at jumping onto everything!

Since the little felt hearts didn't take long, I embroidered this heart tea towel, which I think I will keep for myself. I found the free pattern at Bird Brain Designs . Since I free-handed mine, I had to add a heart to fill out the arrow. Here's my flour sack tea towel:

While reading my blogs last night, I came across this adorable give away from De at It's About Annie. I still have my original Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls and this little one would be cute to keep them company. (Actually, I'd have to dig them out of the closet and dress them, as somewhere along the way they've lost their clothes!)

On another note - I've had a couple of emails about the status of Carly, the little dachsund who ate the toxic sugar free gum. I'm happy to report that little Carly is doing great. She has to stay on meds for a long time and get re-checked periodically, but she is one lucky little doggie! Thanks for asking about her. Just remember to keep anything containing Xylatol safely away from your pets!!

Half the day is gone and I haven't done anything productive, so I'm off to clean my computer room and put the last few Christmas decorations away...if I can make my way around all the animals on the floor, one of which you can't even see! They've been destroying their new toy while I've been blogging!

...and the instant I'm up - my chair is taken over!

Have a great day everybody!

5 comments:

Sea Angels said...

Hi Phyllis, thankyou so much for calling by, and I so agree with all of what you said, especially about our crafts feeding our soul..that is so true. I love all the things you have been making, and I know just how much time it takes..I'm going to have a read through your lovely posts now.
Have a creative and lovely week and thankyou for dropping by xxx
Hugs Lynn xx

nikkicrumpet said...

The heart tree is so dang cute! And so is that tea towel! It must feel good to create such beautiful things. I'm laughing about losing your seat...looks just like my house. And then when you try to move them to sit down again....they give you "Sad face".

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and yes that is a quilt in progress on my banner. Your's is BEAUTIFUL, it really turned out great, love the colors too! I did mine with Pat Sloan Yahoo Group, it was a swap where you made blocks and then swapped and then were supposed to make that quilt, which I am a little slow in getting done, but as soon as all of these baby quilts are done, I am going to attack that one.

Welcome to blogging, I love your blog and your little pet friends! I love dogs too!

Hugs,

Mary

tam said...

LoL! Hi Phyllis! I am laughing becuae we are big animal lovers here at our house too and same thing happens with the chairs, and the bed too! Loved the heart tree and the towel is pretty darn cute! Nice to meet you and welcome to blogland! I've added you to my fav's so I will be back to visit! Come visit my other blog too http://yakiddyyakyak.blogspot.com Hope your week is awesome!~Smiles~Tam!

Back in the Day said...

I wanted to tell you that I LOVED your bowl of hearts before but I SUPER LOVE them now with the gum drop tree and little hearts! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!